The Atlantic City Alliance (ACA) is a private, non-profit destination marketing organization for Atlantic City, New Jersey. Created in 2011 as part of transformative S-11 legislation to reposition Atlantic City, the Atlantic City Alliance is charged with promoting the destination as a year-round seaside and marina resort offering visitors a wide array of gaming and non-gaming amenities.
As outlined in the NJ S-11 legislation, the ACA is privately funded by a $30 million annual assessment to the AC casinos for a total commitment of $150 million through 2016. The ACA operates under a marketing agreement with the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA), an economic development organization. The ACA is not member based and is not funded by a tourism tax or hotel tax.
The ACA works cooperatively to support Atlantic City’s new Master Plan (adopted in February 2012) and to promote Atlantic City’s Tourism District, which includes creating and maintaining the destination brand used by other organizations. The ACA further supports the meeting, group and convention segment with a $4 million subsidy program utilized by the CRDA convention sales division and the casino sales teams to draw new business to Atlantic City through 2016.
Since April 2012 through March 2014, the organization has:
- Launched the “Do Anything, Do Everything, Do AC™” marketing campaign that includes advertising, communications, social media, online and digital marketing.
- Debuted four original, 3D sound and light shows on Historic Boardwalk Hall that have been seen by more than 500,000 visitors to AC and is the only permanent show of its kind.
- Led the destination’s crisis recovery marketing program after Super Storm Sandy helping propel AC back to economic recovery after the storm
- Launched a public arts program—called Artlantic—in partnership with the CRDA to transform vacant lots in public spaces in the Tourism District adjacent to the World Famous Boardwalk into community and visitor spaces.
- Produced seven citywide events including the Top 5 largest July 4th fireworks displays in the United States and supported other events that focus on the Boardwalk, the beach and the marina including the return of the Miss America Pageant.
- Increased positive media coverage of the destination by a stunning 95%.
Atlantic City Alliance Annual Snapshot Reports:
Board of Trustees
Tom Ballance, President
The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Chairman of the Board of AC Alliance
Steve Callender, General Manager
Tropicana Casino & Resort
Kevin Ortzman, Senior VP and General Manager
Bally's and Caesars
Representing Caesars Entertainment
Mario A. DiGuiseppe, General Manager
Trump Plaza Casino and Hotel
Representing Trump Entertainment Resorts, Inc.
Tom Pohlman, Executive VP and General Manager
Golden Nugget Atlantic City
Mark Giannantonio, President & CEO
Resorts Casino Hotel
Frank Corrado, AC Alliance Attorney
Barry, Corrado & Grassi, PC
Casino Reinvestment Development Authority